SARS-CoV-2 Antibody, IgG Immune Status (Nucleocapsid & Quant. anti-Spike)”
- Lab Name
- SARS-CoV-2 Immune Status
- Lab Code
A battery of tests to determine SARS-CoV-2 immune status:
- The Abbott Architect SARS-CoV-2 IgG assay, run under an emergency use authorization from the FDA, is a qualitative test designed to detect IgG antibodies to the nucleocapsid protein of SARS-CoV-2.
- The Abbott Architect SARS-CoV-2 IgG II assay, run under an emergency use authorization from the FDA, is a quantitative test designed to detect IgG antibodies to the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2 in serum and plasma. Results are reported as AU/mL. Per manufacture’s package insert protective level is ≥50.0 AU/mL.
Ordering: We are pleased to perform serology testing for all patients who have a valid provider order. We recommend outside providers arrange to have their patients' blood drawn at their usual clinical draw sites and sent to the lab, preferably after contacting Client Support Services at email@example.com to facilitate testing.
For patients who do not regularly seek care within UW Medicine, our phlebotomists at the University of Washington Medical Center-Northwest Campus (UWMC-NW) and UWMC-NW Outpatient Medical Center (OPMC) located on Meridian Ave. N. are able to perform blood draws for testing with a valid provider order.
For ordering individual battery components:
NCVIGG see SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid antibody, IgG [NCVIGG]
NVCIGQ see SARS-CoV-2 Spike antibody, IgG [NCVIGQ]
For all questions, contact Client Support Services (available 24/7):
Phone: (206) 520-4600 or (800) 713-5198
Fax: (206) 520-4903
The test order requisition is available online
- SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Antibody, SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Serology
- Reference Range
- See individual components
- Ref. Range Notes
Per manufacture’s package insert, the Abbott Architect SARS-CoV-2 IgG II assay designed to detect IgG antibodies to the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2 the protective level is ≥50.0 AU/mL.
Ordering & Collection
- Specimen Type
Preferred: 5 mL blood in GOLD SST tube.
Also Acceptable: Orange RST, pearl PPT, serum from red top, plasma from EDTA tube.
- Handling Instructions
Spin within 24 hours and prior to shipment.
sample is stable for 7 days at 2-8°C once separated from a clot or red blood cells, or in a gel separator tube.
If testing will be delayed more than 7 days store at -20°C or colder.
Send Specimens to:
Department of Laboratory Medicine
1959 NE Pacific Street, Room NW220
Seattle WA, 98195
Tel: (206)520-4600 or 1 (800)713-5198
requested: Entire sample
minimum: 0.5 mL serum
Centrifuge GOLD SST tube and route to Eastlake Virology (EVIR rack 81).
Centrifuge RED TOP or EDTA tube and aliquot serum/plasma into plastic aliquot tube. Route to Eastlake Virology (EVIR rack 81).
Stability: Sample stable off the clot, red blood cells, or separator gel for 7 days at 2-8°C. If testing will be delayed more than 7 days store at -20°C or colder.
- LIS Dept Code
- Virology, Eastlake (EVIR)
- Performing Location(s)
- Available STAT?
Billing & Coding
- CPT codes