COVID Testing for the Hawaii Safe Travels Program
UW Laboratory Medicine and Pathology participates in the Hawaii Trusted Testing Partner program. Please refer to these frequently asked questions regarding Hawaii's Safe Travels program: https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/faqs.
COVID-19 molecular testing performed at specific collection sites will be accepted for entrance to the state of Hawaii. Not all testing performed by UW is accepted by the program so please refer to the list of approved collection sites below.
It is the responsibility of the traveler to schedule testing such that results are received prior to departure to Hawaii. Any traveler who does not have their result prior to departure will be required to quarantine in Hawaii. Results may take up to 72 hours to be returned.
Approved Collection Locations
- UW Medicine testing sites (https://www.uwmedicine.org/coronavirus/testing)
- City of Seattle testing sites (http://www.seattle.gov/mayor/covid-19/covid-19-testing)
- King County Auburn testing site (https://healthcommonsproject.org/covid19testing/)
Accessing Results for Entry
Results in the required format are delivered through our SecureLink web portal.
- During testing you will be provided a QR code specific to your results that allows you to access our web portal (https://securelink.labmed.uw.edu/).
- Results may take up to 48 hours before they are available.
- Use your QR code or enter your unique identifier (provided to you during testing) into the SecureLink portal.
- After you supply your date of birth and access your result, click the "Print or Download Report" button.
- Select the Hawaii Safe Travels Form option. You must acknowledge that your information will be shared with the state of Hawaii to access your form.
- Click the "Continue to Print Screen" button.
- Save your form to a pdf file in a readily accessible location on your device and print it as well to keep a physical copy while traveling.
- Upload the saved pdf form to your Safe Travels Hawaii account (https://travel.hawaii.gov/).
Traveler Instructions (provided by Hawaii)
- Immediately upon receipt of your result form, upload it in PDF format in upright orientation to your account at travel.hawaii.gov. Do not upload this instructions page.
- There are free smartphone apps that can be used to make a PDF with your phone.
- Bring this form to the airport with you.
- If your result returns positive before you travel, DO NOT TRAVEL. Self-isolate and seek the advice of a medical provider
- If your result returns positive while in route to Hawai’i immediately inform an airline or airport representative. You will be required to be in self-isolation until cleared by the Hawai’i Department of Health. Until that time you may only leave isolation for the purpose of seeking medical care.
- Even if your results are negative you are considered subject to quarantine until such a time as your status is updated to exempt due to Negative COVID Test on your Safe Travels Application.
- A negative test does not guarantee that you have not been exposed or that there is no COVID-19 virus in your body. You should continue to follow the safe practices to reduce the possible spread of the virus and monitor yourself for symptoms of COVID-19. If you develop a fever, cough, shortness of breath, changes in taste or smell or otherwise feel ill, please contact a medical provider to review your symptoms and possibly arrange further care and/or testing. You should self-isolate at the first signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19 infection.
- For questions related to the Safe Travels Program please visit our website at www.hawaiicovid19.com.
- To avoid quarantine, you may be required to take a follow-on post-arrival test depending on the county in Hawai’i to which you are traveling. Please check the appropriate county website.
- You may also be asked to participate in a strictly voluntary post-arrival testing program to monitor the effectiveness of the Safe Travels pre-arrival test. Please consider participating as this helps to assure we are effectively lowering the risk of COVID-19 to our visitors and the people of Hawai’i.
- If you have been unable to upload this document to your Safe Travels Application or your status has not been update after 48 hours from the time of submission please call the help line at 1-800-GOHAWAI or (1-800-464-2924).
|NCVQLT||SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Qualitative PCR||nasopharyngeal (NP) or oropharyngeal (OP...|
Last updated 2020-11-20T04:14:27.215352+00:00